9th Horley Scout Group
9th Horley Scout Group meets at the Methodist Church on a Friday evening. The group consists of
Scouts (10-14) and
All sections are open to both girls and boys including those with special needs. The cost per term is £18 (discretionary subsidies are available).
Beavers and Cubs meet from 6.30pm to 8pm term-time only
Scouts and Explorers from 7.30pm to 9pm
The group runs a varied and fun-filled programme. Additionally over the last year:
- 2 scouts attended the Jamboree
- Cubs and Scouts went to an event at the 02 arena
- Cubs took part in a football tournament
- Scouts have been swimming and bowling
- The group went to the pantomime
- There have been 2 carwashes
- Parents and young people attended 2 fun evenings
Cubs and scouts also go swimming at Horley Anderson on a Wednesday from 7pm to 8pm. All, from non-swimmers to advanced swimmers, can attend and gain swimming badges; as well as having fun! There is an additional cost of £2 for this activity.
The group take part in 4 parade services a year at the Church and contributions vary from reading to taking part in drama.
If you have a child who would be interested in joining, they can come along for a few weeks to try out the activities. If you would like any more information please use the contact us link on the menu.